Monday, March 14, 2011

Dr. Stella S. Lau

This T-shirt represents my favorite David Bowie album; the album cover is classic too! I also loving the cutting of the tee because it has a raw rock edge to it. My style is simple, comfy, but different. My favorite brand design is Adidas by Stella McCartney- cool and sporty but feminine at the same time. I think 'trendy' is the most diplomatic way to describe Hong Kong style. I've got to say the youth in Hong Kong know a lot about designers' brands and what's 'in' and 'out'. However, I miss the days in England where I saw people wearing different styles of clothings in the street every day, e.g. vintage, hip-hop, indie rock, etc. I think it would be great to see more individualistic styles here. I'm glad to see the Fashion Design students from HKDI dare to dress differently though. They know how to make a fashion statement.

2 comments: